Location: Channel Islands and travel
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Split and straight shifts, 5 or 6 days a week
Live In/Out: In - Private accommodation provided outside family home
The Housekeeper/Cook role is to work for a private family in the Channel Islands ensuring they are comfortable at all times, providing day to day under butling support, service and assistance. There must be a willingness to work hard with all staff in a professional manner, communicating effectively and handling issues quickly in an expert manner.
You will assist the House Manager in planning and preparing for functions and events and provide general housekeeping duties in the house including packing for the Principals as required as well as other day to day activities. You will be willing to work all weekend the Principals or their family are in residence and to cook from time to time and assist the Chef with meal service to the family and guests.
You will be required to support the Principals and be around for them as and when they are in the property serving meals and caring for their needs.
The successful candidate will have a pleasant manner with a can do attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Experience in a similar role
- Possess a professional attitude
- Good English language skills
- Good, healthy cooking skills
- Excellent initiative and can-do attitude
- High degree of flexibility and level of service is essential
- Pleasant and personable personality
- Excellent time management
- Possess excellent interpersonal kills
- Honest and a great attitude
- A good listener and confident character
- Efficient and well organised
- Understand privacy and confidentiality, being invisible but available
- Non Smoker
- Excellent contactable references
- Confident driver
- Clean DBS check (or willing to undertake one)
- Child friendly
- Ability to travel with the Principals at short notice for any length of time
Please send your CV in Word format
We regret we can only accept applications from persons authorised to work within the UK